Winter Storm Data 2022 – 2023
MOUNTAIN SYSTEM MONITORING: WINTER STORM DATA
This Precip and Storm Report Excel Workbook contains the current and past 13 seasons of CSAS winter storm data, including:
- Dates, times and duration of each winter storm event (2003-current)
- Change in the height of snow at both our alpine Senator Beck study plot and our subalpine Swamp Angel site.
- Peak gust data from our Putney site.
- Mean and maximum precipitation intensity during each storm
- Total new water accumulation in mm for each storm event.
- Summary data for each month of the season.
- Cumulative annual precipitation graph by month
|Past Winter Storm Reports:|
See our Current Conditions for the latest hourly data. All times shown are in Mountain Standard Time (MST)
- CSAS Storm Definition >= 12 mm SWE with no break in precipitation >12 hours
- SASP =Swamp Angel Study Plot(11,060′, in sub-alpine meadow)
- SBSP =Senator Beck Study Plot(12,186′, on alpine bench)
- PTSP =Putney Study Plot(12,323′ alpine ridge ‘free air’ site)
2022-2023 Winter Storm Reports
Storm Report #4, November 28-29, 2022: Another 0.5″ Precipitation
Storm Report #3, November 2-4, 2022: Another Multiday Storm, 1.7″ Precipitation
Storm Report #2, October 26-27, 2022: Little Storm Over 30 Hours